There are millions of men on lock-down in jails around America. Many of these men are innocent of their crimes or are either serving extremely harsh sentences for non-violent illegal activities in which they were arrested and criminally charged by law enforcement. Others, are in jail for crimes involving murder.
Murder – A Serious Crime
On of the most serious felony criminal offenses one can be charged with in the State of Texas is the crime of murder. In Texas, murder cases and criminal offenses involving homicide are aggressively pursued with all stops being pulled as far as prosecution of the accused is concerned.
Any case involving murder, manslaughter, negligent homicide, murder for hire, and DWI manslaughter cases are pursued with an increased vigor as legislators and law enforcers work to strengthen the perception of Texas being tough on crime.Also worth noting: Texas is capital punishment state and we are proud of the death penalty. We lead the nation in execution and we also have the highest number of inmates on death row.If you kill any of our people, you die.
Criminal Defense and Murder Charges
Dealing with the process of a murder investigation, or other homicide related investigation, is a situation that even the police don’t want to be involved in. This is especially true if you, a family member, or other person you are close to, are the target of a police investigation related to a homicide.
If this is the case, you need to be lawyered up as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected and all evidence, if any, are reviewed for legality. When there is a loss of human life it doesn’t necessarily mean that a crime has taken place.
Different Forms of Homicide
Not all cases of homicide involve murder. Some cases of homicide can be a result of the situations outlined in the list below.
- Cases in homicide is a result of self defense.
- Killing someone as a result of defending someone else may not be illegal depending on the circumstances involved.
- An unintended homicide.
- A situation in which death occurred as a result of an accident.
- Vehicular deaths.
- Work related deaths.
- Food Poisoning.
The list could go on forever.
Talk With a Board Certified Houston Lawyer
As you can see there are a number of matters which can result in a homicide investigation by law enforcement. Its very important that you seek legal representation by a Texas Board “Certified” (in criminal law) attorney as soon as you catch wind of any murder investigation involving you or a family member.
Being found of a crime involving murder could result in a criminal penalty ranging from a few years, to life in prison, up to the death penalty.
Even if you are guilty of all criminal charges by law enforcement by law enforcement you will still need a damn good criminal defense attorney in Houston who can fight the charge and get you a minimal sentence. If you are innocent, god help you because you will need and even better lawyer. This is why we recommend talking with an attorney who is board certified in criminal law. They are the best in the business and the best lawyers in Texas.
Wow. A riveting review of the experience of being locked up in a Texas prison from a former inmate. The topic of discussion in this particular video is prison fights.
The gentleman in this video discusses being tested during his first time in prison. They discussed the aggression of a man threatening to rape another man in prison and the lack of policing from the correctional officers. It is being made very clear that when you are sought as prey in prison, other convicts and prison staff will look the other way.
One Houston area defense lawyer I know always warns his young clients about how it is in prison. He always tells them if they knew how it was in prison that they would steer clear of criminal activity. Another inmate who has a feeling that you’ve disrespected them can make you a target for aggression. Also, if another convict feels that you are a threat to them, they will become a threat to you.
If you are found guilty in the court of law for a criminal offense in Texas, the life being described in the video above will be yours. In the State of Texas when an inmate is given a cellmate, they are matched closely in size, height, and weight.
In prison, inmates kill each other on a regular basis. In one inmate prison killing, the killer was given a life sentence for killing another cellmate in county jail.
If an average guy goes to jail, he will most likely get into fights if he doesn’t handle himself as a man.
In Texas prisons, riots are commonplace.
Inside a Texas Prison
Lockup – Inside a Texas Prison
- A self avowed Satanist, restaurant owner, and a member of the Aryan Brotherhood are cited in this documentary.
- Most of the people who are locked away in jail, have not been found guilty yet, and likely can’t afford bail or a decent Texas criminal defense attorney.
- One convict beat the hell out of another inmate for disrespecting his mustache.
- When criminals fight in jail they are given new criminal charges.
- Thomas “Bar B Que” Thames was also seen in this documentary and was charged with helping to dispose of two dead bodies (disposing of a human corpse). We are unsure of his fate. There is no record of him being incarcerated in TDCJ, however, he could very well be free, or in the county jail continuing to fight his case. But in the video it was said the he was sentenced to 10 years TDC for helping to dispose of a corpse. He thought all off his cases where dismissed. The court only dismissed the capital murder charge, and the unlawful carrying of a weapon charge, but did find him guilty of helping to hide the dead bodies of the two people killed in the cocaine deal gone bad. They were killed Mexican Mafia execution style. He is probably out of prison by now.
- It appears that Thames was working with a young drug dealer who funded the growth of his bar-b-que business. And in return, he allegedly helped him dispose of two bodies.